Anyway, Shared Legacy is such a fun product. Even though I have not yet been myself to pick it up because if work conflicts (and thank you DT for picking up my slack), the CSA is a beautiful box of produce that is changing weekly.
This week we received a gorgeous lot:
- Snap Peas - Excellent, I ate them raw for snacks
- Bok Choy - I am sure we got this, but when I looked, I did not recognize it
- Purple Bunching Onions - These look great, but I have not had time to concoct anything with them yet
- Garlic Scapes - Love these
- Bibb Lettuce - Lovely, needed rinsing, NBD
- Romaine Lettuce - See above
- Arugula - Not a huge fan of arugula but again, this is the best arugula I've ever had, especially mixed with other lettuces
Last week when we got Pea Shoots, they suggested to make pesto with it. Well, I tried to make pesto and it turned out, shall we say, less than stellar. I'm not sure what happened. Maybe I should have only used the tops or only the bottoms, but I used the entire shoot. It was sort of bitter. I thought I did all the right things - pea shoots, process, walnuts, process, Parmesan cheese, process, olive oil (add sloooooowly) process. Not that good. Add salt and pepper. Process. Still not that good. Then I just lost it from there. I added all kinds of spices and ended up with something non edible. At least I had fun.
Tune in next week to see........what's in my box!