Sometimes, when life hands you lemons.....you just want to make them into grenades and toss em.
1) My phone (brand new iPhone 5) is not ringing. So they are shipping me a new one. This happened over the weekend when I was working more than 12 hours a day so I had no time to go to Verizon until Monday so that delayed shipping because of the holiday weekend. Still not here. Leaving for a weekend trip tomorrow. Not the end of the world. Still annoying.
2) My debit card was eaten by an ATM at work. Blocked my online access too. Most of my automatic payments come from that card and get pulled on the 29th or 30th. That's today and tomorrow. So, neato. The person on the phone said, "Alls (yeah, alls) you have to do is go to the bank and get a temporary card so you can use it while we send you a new one." This person does not understand that I don't have time to go during banking hours today. I have too many appointment at work. Annnd, I am going out of town tomorrow. Silver lining - I have a husband that can take money out for me so I can have cash.
3) All of a sudden my teeth have shifted and I need a retainer because my front tooth has decided it wants to be come a renegade snaggle. So, "alls" I have to do is find time and money for the Othrodontist. At 34 years old. "It's a retainer and it's not that bad...." Name that movie.
4) I forgot to tell you about my hearing saga. I will tell you more later, but basically I have some permanent hearing loss in my left ear as a result of my ear infection and vertigo at the same time. That means in loud or crowded situations, I am having a hard time hearing. Headaches. Weird sounds. Work has been difficult. I went into Express last night and walked right back out. It was way too hard to hear. Just get me a cane. I know there are worse things, but it's weird to think that I have permanent hearing loss. At 34.
5) Anyone that knows me (or lives with me - love you honey) knows that work has been very tough lately. Not every day is "fun" or rewarding. Some days are better than others. I feel like I am missing everything and have absolutely no social life. I am also feeling like people don't even bother to invite me to things anymore because they know I can't make it. But the invite would be nice.
Thanks for listening.