I saw this on Pinterest, and since I gave up sweets of all kinds for lent, this looked so good.
Well, I made it last night and it was INCREDIBLE! SO INCREDIBLE! I didn't follow the directions so it was crumbly, but crumbly delicious.
Baker's notes - I omitted the chocolate chips but raisins would be delicious! I didn't measure anything, just dumped and mixed. Also just chopped, did not put in food processor. But, as seen above, crumbly (delicious). Great on yogurt and fruit. Or a handful in the middle of the night.
Raw cookie dough bites
- 2/3 cup raw almonds
- 2/3 cup raw walnuts
- 2/3 cup raw oat flakes (see note below)
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup raw agave nectar
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp cacao nibs or dark chocolate chips
- In a food processor, process the almonds, walnuts, oats, cinnamon and salt to a fine meal.
- Add the agave nectar and vanilla and process to combine.
- Next, add the cocoa nibs (or chocolate chips) and pulse just to combine.
- Roll the cookie dough into balls (about 1 tbsp each) and place them on a cookie pan lined with parchment paper. Place the pan in the freezer for about an hour to firm up. Store balls in a tightly covered container in the freezer.
Raw oat flakes can be substituted for regular rolled oats, but if you want this treat to be truly raw, look for raw oat flakes, which haven't been steamed or toasted during processing. I buy mine locally from a company called Grainstorm.