We have officially started the search for wedding venues and I would LOVE my faithful readers opinions and comments.
We have a large group - about 350 - and would like everyone in the same room, large dance floor, with a separate area for cocktail hour. Plus, we really want it inside and don't want to chance the weather.
Here is our progress so far:
1) Train Station - too small, no cocktail area
2) Parkway Place - contender. Have it on hold for 10/22/11
3) Secor Building - seeing tomorrow
4) Gladiuex Meadows - seeing Saturday
5) Stranahan Theater/Great Hall - seeing Saturday (hopefully)
6) Graystone Hall - sounded good on a website, looked not so good in pictures, plus the rep called me at 9:50 pm on a Tuesday night from his home. Creepy.
7) Holiday Inn French Quarter - Future Bro In Law was married there
8) Crowne Plaza - Cousin married there this year
9) HGI Levis - my cousin last year, his cousin next year
10) Pinnacle - too stuffy? I heard over priced
11) Art Museum - Did not return two of my inquires. Also heard you cannot drink red wine there.
12) Toledo Country Club - possible
13) Willis B. Boyer - yes, on a boat mutha f***a. Still need to hear back from them
14) Maumee Bay - won't book until October 2010 for October 2011. I don't want to wait that long to book.
ANY OTHER IDEAS????? THOUGHTS? What did you do?