Friday, January 30, 2009
PS The Chipolte on Central in Sylvania is awesome. They have a great manager named Lisa that gave DT and me free burrito coupons the other day, just because we are there often and she knows us by now. Now, that's customer service!
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Friday, January 23, 2009
Well, I see such a person Monday-Friday 8:30am-5pm. She really is a sweet lady, but just cannot help her word vomit and information plaque. Yesterday's event went something like this:
Me: Just walking by the reception desk.
Receptionist: "I don't think Matt's coming back to work today. Oh Dear."
Me: Eye roll, "Why not?"
R: "Well, he went to the doctor at 11 and it's 3:30 now. I bet he is really sick."
Me: Not concerned, "I bet he's fine."
R: "Well, he has been vomiting and having diarrhea all over the place for days."
Me: All over the place?
R: Continues, "Yes, and I asked him if he had blood in his stool and he said he did. I thought, Oh, Crap." She said crap with quite a bit of fervor.
Me: You said it.
Why in the world would you tell someone about a co-workers intimate sickness? Note to self, don't tell receptionist about my rash.
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Read the whole thing here. In my head, that bad porn music was playing, bow chick-a-wow-wow.
I just wanted to take a minute to thank everyone that reads my blog and (hopefully) gets some enjoyment out of it - I enjoy writing it!
Some of you have said to me that you are not sure how to comment, so I wanted to post a "How to Comment" PSA:
- Under the actual post it will say "3 comments" (or however many)
- Click on that link and another box will pop up
- You can log in if you have a gmail account
- Or hit "Name/URL" if you want to enter your name
- Or "Anonymous" if you don't want to put your name, either works fine
I love comments!! Don't be shy!
This would be the best job in the world! You go to Australia and blog about it for 6 months? Uh, ok!
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
2) Best line of the show by Jack, "Shut up or I will shut you up."
3) Who is the mole at the FBI? It isn't the obvious wife-cheater mopey guy. I still don't really trust the Chloe-clone either.
4) The President's husband is such a weenie. I feel bad for him, but he sucks.
5) I saw his body guard double-cross a mile comin'.
6) Jack is an amazing shot - plain and simple.
7) Where were Chloe and Bill Buchanan this hour - and where is Karen Hayes???
Monday, January 19, 2009
Tuesday, January 20:
All major networks will bump regular programming throughout the day for coverage of inaugural events:
• 10 am/ET: Inaugural festivities kick off, including invocation by the Rev. Rick Warren and a performance by Aretha Franklin. Biden will be sworn into office by Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens, followed by musical selections of John Williams
• Noon ET: Obama takes the Oath of Office, delivers inaugural address
• 8 pm ET/PT, ABC: watch the action at the Neighborhood Inaugural Ball, where Beyoncé will sing the first song when the new president and first lady take the floor at their first stop on their party circuit. Performers will include Jay-Z, Mariah Carey, Alicia Keys, Shakira, Sting, Faith Hill, Mary J. Blige, Stevie Wonder and Maroon 5. At 10, programming will turn to inaugural balls
• 8 pm/ET, BET: The pre-taped Yes We Will: BET's Inauguration Celebration, hosted by Nick Cannon
• 9 pm/ET, CBS: Katie Couric hosts a special on Obama's road to the White House, followed by a live webcast reviewing the day's events on CBSNews.com and CNET.com
• 10 pm/ET, MTV: will broadcast the Youth Inaugural Ball
• 10 pm/ET, NBC: Brian Williams takes viewers into several of the night's inaugural balls
Minas Tirith for reference above.
This is a "techie thriller" so you just have to go along with it, not pick out stuff and say, "Oh, like THAT would happen." It really makes you think about how the government can see and hear and document everything we do...and I believe it. The only thing that makes me feel better is that I know that there are others out there whose lives are way more interesting.
Eagle Eye moves fast and is pretty slick. Rent it!
Friday, January 16, 2009
Chicken was really juicy
Mushrooms were big and nicely grilled
Substituted broccoli for fruit
Whole wheat soft bun
Chicken was the size of a business card
Also, they gave me about 5 little broccoli florets
I had to add ketchup, they forgot the marinara sauce
Overall, a it was a 7 point lunch that you KNOW is 7 points and it was tasty. I was happy and would recommend this sandwich.
Reply to: email@example.com [?]
Date: 2008-12-30, 8:15PM EST
TO ALL THE PEOPLE THAT FIND A DOG AND DONT TURN THEM IN OR CALL TO FIND OUT IF SOMEONE IS MISSING THEM YOU ARE ALL DIRT AND BREAK PEOPLES HEARTS A------- THATS ALL I HAVE TO SAY THANK YOU
Side note: It is at this time of the year when I become severely addicted to caffeine. It is so hard to drink water when it is this cold out. Drinking cold water when you are already cold doesn't help your cause, but jacking yourself up with caffeine seems to have a warming effect.
1) The waiter recommended an appetizer that we liked. I let him know it was good and he replied, "Yes, that is what I am talking about," (read: thass wha I'm talkin bout!) but in a Chinese accent. It was so cute.
2) DT mentioned that most Asian restaurants have a fish tank of some kind but pointed out to me the LCD screen playing a sea scape. Very clever.
Thursday, January 15, 2009
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
I liked it. I laughed (and sometimes laughed really hard). It's funny without being too outrageous, and it's also not preachy (which I think we can all appreciate). Jim Carrey is perfect for the role as a man who is just coming to life. I personally like Carrey, but for the haters, I think you will find him tolerable. Zooey Deschanel is adorable.
John Michael Higgins gets his own separate paragraph because I love him so much. For those of you that know him as Philip Leslie Knight, he is amazing, playing his typical, ENTHUSIASTIC, lovable passionate character. You will find yourself yelling YES! along with him (unless you are getting a dirty look from aforementioned boyfriend).
Overall, it's good. Probably a renter though.
As always, visit GossipGirls for full, more serious movie-critic review.
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
*Mezzmerize on Dussell just did the same thing, closed its doors. I heard that Navy Bistro is going under along with Tango's on the Docks. The signs of the times are apparent, and they are depressing.
1) We knew it, we KNEW it. Tony couldn't really be on the terrorists' side.
2) The busting out of the FBI building was amazing. I found myself yelling and fist pumping.
3) Bill Buchanon AND Chloe? Awesome. Her one liners are excellent.
4) I don't really trust Janis (Garafalo).
5) That Rene Walker is going to get herself killed (but I like her style).
Monday, January 12, 2009
1) The return of Carlos Bernard aka Tony Almedia.
2) Jack not giving a crap about anyone's agenda and just being Jack.
3) The lady President - I like her. Ever since President Palmer, I have not liked the President, so I am happy about Allison Taylor.
4) Two more hours tonight!
Friday, January 9, 2009
She says, "Coach headquarters did not say why the purse could not be repaired, but they have included a generous 40% off discount coupon for you."
My thoughts: No explanation on why a guaranteed purse cannot be fixed by the craftsmen who constructed it in the first place. Uh, ok. Next, thanks for the coupon. Let me get this straight... not only have I not had my purse for 4-6 weeks, but now you are sending it back to me in the same condition and you want me to spend more money in your store because you didn't fix it? Yeah right. Nice work. Maybe I am not your typical Coach customer that has a bag for every season or wardrobe or husband. I have one and I like it, and I would like it fixed.
PS I'm mad about this in case you couldn't tell. Snobby Coach.
Thursday, January 8, 2009
- 3 stalks celery
- 2 cucumbers
- 1 apple
- 1 chunk fresh ginger
- 1 cup fresh spinach
Do you think this would be good? I just might try it - why not. Een's green drink of choice is margaritas, but that's why I need to work on the waistline all the time.
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
- Missed the morning school bus
- Drives family car almost 6 miles
- Crashes and then starts walking
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
Lying ahead of me in the road was some sort of orange thing and there was no oncoming traffic so I could straddle it and not completely run over it, but I slushed it pretty good. Just as I was about to run it over, I noticed it was a hat :(
After I passed it the poor man on a bike went to the middle of the road to retrieve his cold, soaked hat. I feel terrible.
Monday, January 5, 2009
ACTION FIGURE COLLECTING GUIDE (WORK FROM HOME)
The ideal candidate is a long-time action figure collector with a broad knowledge of the topic, as well as writing experience and connections to the action figure collecting community.
The primary audience of the Action Figure Collecting site is the beginner and intermediate collector. This audience wants to know what the action figures they have are worth, where to buy and sell action figures, and how to identify a valuable action figure.
Most people with whom I frequently converse are on Verizon, so that makes sense, but their plans are more expensive and they only offer a 450 minute and then a 900 minute package. I need around 900 and unlimited messaging but don't want to pay a ton for it. Since when does a cell phone bill need to cost $100 a month?
What service do you have? Do you like it?
Friday, January 2, 2009
BB is such an original film and tells an amazing story, with cool places and interesting history. The way it is put together is like art. How they age a person and how they make some look younger is really incredible. This movie is based off a short story by F. Scott Fitzgerald and produced by David Fincher who did Se7en and Fight Club.
This movie reminded me a bit of Big Fish or Forrest Gump in the way in which it was told - a story within a story. It is bittersweet, often humorous and wonderful. You are going to love it. As always - you can read my full review at GossipGirls.com.